Java Graphics Programming Library is a comprehensive reference for the experienced Java developer, providing hundreds of pages of source code for fully functional Java graphics classes. This book/CD-ROM package saves valuable programming time by offering ready-to-use, customizable code for commonly used graphics, including a variety of polygons, polyhedra, ellipses, sine-based objects, cones, cylinders, and more. Each chapter contains a thematic selection of graphics and covers the necessary mathematics, programming concepts, and source code for each image. At the end of each chapter are thumbnails of the graphics in the chapter and additional graphics available on the companion CD-ROM. Both advanced and less experienced users will find an abundance of code they can use "as is," customize, or extend to suit a variety of programming needs.
* Ready-to-use, customizable source code for hundreds of Java graphics classes saves hours of programming time
* Provides all the graphics you need, from polygons and polyhedra, to ellipses, cones, cylinders and more
* Presents necessary geometry and trigonometry in a clear, practical style
* Teaches color and shading techniques for creating striking 3D effects
* Clarifies mathematical concepts such as polynomial functions and recursion to create sophisticated spinning objects and fractal-like designs
* Indexed and organized for quick reference
* Companion CD-ROM contains color graphics, applets, complete source code for all examples covered in the book and more, and Java 2 SDK, Version 1.3.1
On the CD!
* Complete .java, .class, and .html files for every graphic presented in the book, grouped by chapter
* Animated versions of most graphics in the book
* SUPPLEMENTARY GRAPHICS
* Complete .java, .class and .html files for hundreds of graphics not found in the book
* COLOR FIGURES
* Full color version of all the figures in the book, grouped by chapter
* Sun’s Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, version 1.3.1
* Forte for Java, release 3.0, Community Edition Sun Microsystems, Inc.
General System Requirements. PC: 486 or higher; Windows 95 or later; 64 MB RAM; CD-ROM drive; Web browser; VGA monitor.