|Seach This Site|
Sale Price $3.90
Game Audio Programming is a comprehensive guide to interactive audio programming for the Microsoft Windows ® platform. Written for C++ programmers implementing an audio system for an entertainment or multimedia title, this practical reference covers a wide range of topics relevant to today’s audio programmers, including DirectX Audio, audio decompression libraries, hardware filters and effects, geometric representation of world data for effects, occlusion and obstruction, and more. In addition, a full-featured, documented, and internally commented game audio programming (GAP) library is referenced throughout the book to explain various concepts. The library is included on the companion CD-ROM and can be used as either a ready-to-use library for your own games or as reference code to help implement an audio system.
* Covers the basic theory of sound, digital audio, modern hardware, and design theory.
* Discusses both basic and advanced topics of DirectX audio, including DirectSound and DirectMusic.
* Uses the foundation of a basic audio system, to illustrate how to create high-level audio systems, including script-driven sound templates. It also teaches readers how to build an interactive music system from the ground up.
* Examines alternative file formats and the SDKs (Software Developer’s Kits) needed to access them, including the Windows Media SDK (for WMA and MP3 files), Ogg Vorbis, and the Windows Audio Compression Manager. Additionally, readers learn how to create custom file system loaders using the standard COM Istream interface.
* Covers advanced 3D techniques, including a number of cutting-edge 3D audio-related topics and the use of hardware extensions such as EAX, ZoomFX, and MacroFX.
* Discuss how to play redbook audio from a CD, and a variety of other general optimizations and strategies.
ON THE CD-ROM
* The GAP library sample library source, samples, and reference documentation - James Boer
* Disk 2 demo - Dolby
* Ogg Vorbis SDK and an encoder for wave file conversions - Ogg Vorbis
* Sensaura’s SDK with sample code, programs, libraries, etc.- Sensaura
* Demo of a program for formatting C/C++ in a wide variety of styles - SourceStylerC++
A working knowledge of C++ and object-oriented programming principles, and a basic understanding of Windows programming. The samples and libraries were compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, with Service Pack 5 installed. DirectX 9.0 is used for all DirectX-related applications. The samples were compiled on Windows 2000 and additionally tested on Windows 98, Windows ME, and Windows XP. The audio libraries developed require an installed DirectX-compatible sound card with working DirectX drivers.
Sale Price $2.41
Sale Price $24.95
Sale Price $87.93